Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The little things....Makenna at 3 years old

*She is a mommy's girl. She usually wants me to do all the singing and putting her to bed. She's not as bad as she used to be but she is still very clingy to me.


*She is very particular about certain things. She has to have her blanket upside down (I don't know why pooh's feet have to be by her head) with the soft side on her (that part I don't blame her for). I also have to say goodnight to the einsteins (they are on her clock) and shut the door very softly.



*She is very smart. The things she says amazes us all the time. She sounds like an adult.


*She loves to sing. She knows the words to many songs including "Follow the Prophet" and "Love is Spoken Here".


*She is a big helper. She picks Jordyn up for me when she goes towards the stairs or the bathroom. She also gets diapers for me and throws things away from me. She also loves to feed J.J. and asks to do so often.


*She loves hot dogs!!! She would have them constantly if I let her. And she always has to have ketchup AND ranch with it.


*She has just figured out that she loves gum and tries to get it whenever she can.


*She loves to go to story time at the library.


*She loves Little Einsteins, Arthur, and all the princesses even though some of those movies are 'scary'.


*She loves to be outside. It's hard during the summer since it's too hot but she is out all the time when the weather allows. She loves her bike!!!



*She loves playing with her cousins. She's still learning how to share though and hates it when it's time to leave a friend's house.



*She has to have her popcorn and chocolate milk while watching a dvd after her bath. It's a good way to relax before bed.


*She pretends to nurse her baby and treats her like I treat Jordyn. She tells her, "shh, shh, shh...it's ok"


*She loves on her Lady (and Lady is finally letting her love on her) and helps out by letting her outside and says, "Here you go Lady". It's so cute how she says it.


*She helps me do laundry by giving me the hangers. She hung up my underwear one time.



*She loves to do the dishes but I don't let her do it very often since she likes to leave the water on and waste it.


*She is a girlie girl for some things and a tomboy when she wants to play with her cousin Gunnar.


*She loves to play trumpet and even has her own that her daddy gave her. Whenever he gets his out to practice, she has to run and get hers to play as well. Travis says she gets a better tone out than some of his students;)



*She also loves to pound on the drums and all the percussion instruments that are at daddy's work.

*She gives kisses freely and constantly tells us that she loves us sooooo much!


*She loves taking pictures and does a really good job of it.


*She has the most beautiful curly hair. And I hope she loves it when she gets older.


*She can throw a super sized fit when she doesn't get her way.



*She's not a good breakfast eater.


*She adores her little sister.


*She's a big snuggler and loves to cuddle a lot (which I love;)




I love my Makenna!

2 comments:

Jess said...

She's a cutie and I love that curly hair.

Dendy said...

I love that Makenna girl too!. Amen to all those things. She is such a doll. Today when she was over playing with Gunnar, you snuck in with Jordyn. She didn't realize J. was here at first, but she got all giddy when she saw her. She was kissing on her and was sooooo excited to see her. Such a good big sister.