Friday, July 25, 2008

Didn't see this one coming!!!

This has been one interesting week!! Everything decided to break all at once. When they say, when it rains, it pours.....they were right. I just wish they were actually talking about real rain. First, our dishwasher decided to break because our sweet Jordyn climbed up it and started pushing a bunch of buttons and made it freeze up!! Then, Lady decided to be sick and we had to take her to the vet! Then Travis and I were playing around and we fell on our vacuum and totally busted it. It still works but it's crippled now;( And then of course, on the way home from work on Wednesday, the service engine light came on in the altima!! That one was a blessing though. Travis ended up looking at our warranty info and it was set to expire on Monday!! Helllllooooo!!! So, we paid the money to get it checked out and they said it was just an exhaust leak which means nothing! But then later on that night, the light came back on again!! So Travis, took it back down there and they said there had to be something else going on and they wanted it all day. That was finally the last straw. We have had that car in the shop many times this last year and they were very expensive repairs!! Plus, it's just very annoying to have to take it in all the time. It's a big waste of time. And it is pretty scary to have a car that has needed expensive repairs without a warranty to back it up. So, we decided to look for another vehicle. We weren't planning on just running out and buying something quickly but we found one that we really liked for an awesome deal!!! We couldn't pass it up because it was cheaper than base models and it has some nice little extras (like chrome wheels with high performance tires for Trav;) It was also at a dealership that sells very expensive cars like Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bentleys and Aston Martins!!! So needless to say, they weren't very busy so Travis pretty much had the place to himself and there really was no pressure at all because it was already at such a low price. It all just depended on the trade and even then, they gave us a good deal. I'm so glad because the Nissan place we looked at before was so rude and everything there was at least a couple thousand more for less car. So, we definitely didn't see this coming. We had no idea that we would have a new van (that is less than a year old) this weekend. We weren't planning on it but I know it was a blessing because everything fell into place at just the right time. I am however hoping for a better week next week. We can't afford for everything to continue to break at the rate it did this week;)

Can I just say that it's much easier to get kids into a van than a car!!!!! Too bad we didn't have this last weekend for our trip;)



4 comments:

Dendy said...

I'm glad it all turned out so well. Congrats on your new van!

jenorme said...

I never thought I would say that I am jealous of your mini van until I had my third kid. I am so envious! My SUv fits my kids alright, but it's a a pain to get them all in. No magic doors and all the doo dads that come with a mini van. Congrats!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Oh wow! I totally skipped right past this! I don't know how you guys do it...but WOW! Good for you!! I can't wait to get one...but it will probably be the end of next year before we can afford it...and never anything THAT nice. Congrats!

Ashley said...

What a beauty! Isn't it nice to have so much room?