Thursday, April 30, 2009

We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship;)

Compared to a lot of people, I haven't been to too many different places. I've been to California and Utah a ton of times but not much further out from there. A couple of years ago, we went as far as Missouri and Illinois but I have never been to the East coast. Well, that's about to change!!! My parents are going on a trip back east in July and taking us with them!!! They got ridiculously cheap plane tickets and they are both NONSTOP!!! Can you believe that??? It's the best time to go since J.J. will be under two and free and I'm not prego! The humidity kicked my butt in Nauvoo when I was pregnant with Jordyn so it will be nice not to be on this trip. We are starting in Kirtland, then Niagara Falls, Palmyra (with pageant), New York City, Gettysburg and finally Washington D.C. We are so excited! Does anyone know these areas well and know how to get around best? We were thinking about staying outside of NY and then taking a train in or something but not sure exactly where to do that or how to do it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

8 comments:

Lisa Wilson said...

Hey Krista! Congrats! That is so exciting. You are going to love it. We stayed in Newark, NJ outside of NYC. There are several train stations around the areas for you to jump on and head into Manhattan Island. The best thing really that you can do since you are going to be so many places is to rent a car. Once you get settled into your hotels, or wherever else you are staying, there is mass transit all over and around DC, and NYC. Subways, trains, Metros, sometimes even ferries. Check with locals that work at the front desks of the hotel your staying at. They will be your best resource. I'm seriously so excited for you. It's so beautiful back there. Niagara is just breathtaking and the Palmayra and the Sacred Grove hold a sacredness all of their own.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That is ridiculously awesome!! You are a seasoned traveler now! I can't wait to do all that, so lucky you've got parents to get you out there!! Hope ya'll have fun.

Jess said...

That is so cool! What a great trip and so much to see. My family lived in VA for 18 years just outside DC and we would take the MEtro into the city. It was pretty easy to do and the best way to get around. Most of the museums are free. The natural history and american history museums are really fun for kids. I love the pageant in Palmyra, such an amazing experience.

Christensen Family said...

I love back East. My sister went to Michigan on her mission. We picked her up and did a big trip around. I've been to all those places you are going, but I don't know the ways, I do know you will enjoy it. Have fun.

Christensen Family said...

I love back East. My sister went to Michigan on her mission. We picked her up and did a big trip around. I've been to all those places you are going, but I don't know the ways, I do know you will enjoy it. Have fun.

Dendy said...

The title for this blog is funny, since that is what we watched and sang on our trip to Nauvoo. I wonder what the girls are going to want to watch on this trip. I am guessing Bolt.

NancyM said...

I'm so jealous! Haven't been back to Washington DC for 20 years! Even longer since NYC! Hope you have a fabulous time! I'm guessing "Bolt" will be the one the girls sing, too. That Makenna can almost recite every word and Jordyn hums and sings along as well. It's amazing! They are so cute!

Ashley said...

Soo fun! I wish I had some advice or suggestions but sadly I don't.... I have only been to mostly western states and always drive. I haven't been on a plane in 17 years!!!