Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sara's surprise shower

My sister's husband surprised her with the shower a week ahead of time. So, actually those cupcakes that I posted earlier weren't just for practice but I had to make sure I didn't blow it in case she looked at my blog;) Anyway, I don't know if she was really surprised. Only she knows for sure but it turned out great. It was a coed shower which actually just means a party with some presents and cake added in;)
Unfortunately, all of Sara's friends have boys!!! And I mean ALL of Sara's friends had boys. I think there might have been one other girl and Makenna was not enjoying that. She loves to play with her cousin but all the extra testosterone made her a very unhappy girl. We kept seeing her like this all that afternoon.

Noah and Sara's friend is from Hawaii and he makes some very yummy barbecue!! He made chicken and ribs and they were so good. Jordyn kept asking for more (and unfortunately more soda....I think that's actually what she is pointing to here;)

My grandma made it!! She wasn't feeling too good but it was so nice that she got to come out.

My happy J.J. She had more fun than Makenna because she just kept to herself. She wasn't worried about playing with any dumb ol' boys......
All she wanted to do was play with the cars and trucks!

Sara opening my present.

Hehe.....not really anything to do with the shower but I love Jordyn's eyes in this pic. I was wondering if her eyes would turn brown or not. They look grey to me sometimes but I think this shows what they are going to be;)

And this is how we left....pretty much how we were the whole time. This girl needed to get away from the boys and a nap but we had to go to Trav's niece's birthday at Chuck e' Cheese. That was an exhausting day! Thankfully, she didn't see ol' Chuck or else there would have been more of this face;-}

2 comments:

Dendy said...

Poor Makenna. There was this one specific boy who was giving her grief. He was really rough. She took me into the house, so she could point him out. I don't know what she expected me to do to him, I am sure I disappointed her, I certainly couldn't reprimand him. She just wanted him to go home, so she could play with her Gunnar. Jordyn's eyes are beautiful in that picture!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Looks like a fun shower!! Too bad Makenna wasn't happy :( sometimes life is just not fun!!