Friday, March 6, 2009

A most fabulous girls night out

Sarah has been in Cedar City with her family but was able to come back to Vegas for a night to go to Phantom of the Opera with me!! She had never seen it before and it was really neat to see it with her. We started off with a yummy dinner at Lonestar! I love that place but dang their cheese fries!! We were full before we even got our steak;) The show was amazing of course. Sarah got this pic before they yelled at her. I think we had perfect seats. If you are too close up, you have to look backwards to see a bunch of stuff and everything was right in front of us.

After the show was over, we bolted down to the pit to see Travis' friend that plays trumpet for the show. He had taken Travis and me backstage when we were there in January but I didn't think he was going to do that for us. Not only did he do that for us but it was an even better tour! There was a second show the night Travis and I went so he was pretty limited. Not this night!! He took us across the stage and showed us where all the trap doors were and all that fun stuff. Then he took us behind the curtain where all the props were stacked up. We got to take this pic with the mannequins from the masquerade. As we left to go backstage, a couple of the cast (Raoul and Carlotta) passed right by us! He was super cute and she was way short;-}

Then, he took us under the stage to see how everything works. It's amazing all that goes into it. They literally shoot the Phantom onto the stage at the end of the show. They also suck him down at one point. They have pressure tanks that do this and he said he goes for a ride every night. It feels like a roller coaster. That's insane! Then we got to see all the wigs that they wear and Phantom's make up room.
But then the night was still young so we decided to catch a movie. We saw 'He's just not that into you' and it was a really good movie. It was so much fun and I love my Sarah. I wish she lived closer but I'm so thankful that her family lives close so that I get to see her when she comes to visit them:) They just better not move! I get to see her one more time on Makenna's birthday. We are going to take our girls for pedicures and lunch to celebrate. Makenna kept telling me she loved my flower every five minutes when I got my last pedicure with Sarah. So I thought it would be nice to let her get one too. So fun!!

1 comments:

Dendy said...

Sounds like a great time. Glad you had fun. That was really cool that you got to see all of the back stage stuff. Great Memories.