I haven't done Way-Back Wednesday for a couple of weeks but I decided I would do it this week and do it in honor of my Grandma whose birthday is today!!
I've posted this picture before but I love it. I think I look like my girls in it. (Including the chunky legs;)
This is in 1980. I'm in the middle with my Grandma and my cousin is on the left and big brother is on the right.
And don't mind my swollen face in this one. This is in April of 2001. This is my Grandma's wedding day and I had just gotten my wisdom teeth pulled. The whole side of my face looked like I was storing nuts. (That is why I turned my face but it still didn't helpÜ)
My poor Grandma has had a rough life. She got married when she was 17 to the love of her life, my Grandpa Clair. He died at the age of 42 of colon cancer and left my Grandma with 5 kids. She was only 34. She was alone for 17 years when she finally got married to her second husband Ken. After 15 years of marriage, he died of colon cancer. Can you believe that??? She quickly remarried to one of her boyfriends from High School, Duane, and he had a stroke soon after. She has been taking care of him ever since. My Grandma is the best and I have no idea why she has had such big trials in her life but she has been a wonderful example to me. She has stayed close to her Heavenly Father and the gospel. I know that my grandpa is waiting for her with open arms. I just hope he has to wait awhile!!







2 comments:
Is this the grandma you make donuts with?
Very good post! I like the pics!
I think Grandma has a special place in heaven for all that she has had to endure. I know she wants to be with Grandpa more than anything. But thankfully she keeps fighting when she is thrown a curve ball. The doctors have had a hard time getting her medicines right. But she seems to be doing better now. Thank You Heavenly Father!
Post a Comment