Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Makenna's well check

I took Makenna for her five year well check and she's as healthy as a horse:) She is 46 pounds which is in the 80th percentile. And she is 47 inches tall which is in the 96th percentile!!! I always knew she was tall but goodness!! Dr. Lepore said she was as tall as a 6 1/2 year old!! But is very proportionate with her weight! So she is doing awesome. She was making the doctor laugh with all the stuff she was telling him. Plus, she made him examine her baby. He asked her if she had paid a copay for her and she just looked at him weird and said he was silly. It was too funny. Unfortunately she had to have four shots to get ready for Kindergarten. I thought she was a big girl and would do fine but I was oh so wrong!! She kept saying she doesn't want shots. She doesn't want shots!!! So I sat her on my lap and tried to talk to her before the nurse came in. I just said it would feel like a pinch really quick and then it would be done and I playfully pinched at her arm to make her laugh. She seemed ok until the nurse came in to do it. She started freaking out and was about to bail out of the room!!! It needed to be done on her legs so I laid her down on the table and she was not cooperating at all. This was not fun being a huge prego trying to hold down my big five year old:) I told her to just hold me but it turned out to be me tucking her arms in and holding her down! I just whispered in her ear as her tears poured onto my cheeks. It breaks my heart when I have to do this with any of my kids (even if they are big:) But Makenna is now ready for Kindergarten and just got a dose of Tylenol and whatever she wants for lunch:)

4 comments:

Dendy said...

Poor Baby! I don't like shots either Kenna! I am surprised she is in such a high percentile in her weight. She is skinny. Hope you are feeling better Kenna!

jenorme said...

I"m sorry!! I had to hold Taylor down too when she was 6. Dr. Nishihara came in and told me to get her quieted down because she was scaring all of his other patients. ;) I love Dr. Lepore.

Krista said...

Haha!! Good ol' Nishihara!! I don't think I ever saw him without a mask on:-) I'm looking forward to having a great doc check out my baby from the very beginning.

Dendy said...

Didn't Nishihara say the same thing to you, about Makenna?