Thursday, November 19, 2009

Here we go for a third time:(

Makenna hurt her foot the other night! She was wrestling around with her sister and she fell off the couch with Jordyn falling right on her foot! We had her go to bed and were going to see how she felt in the morning. She still wouldn't really walk on it so I made her an appointment for that afternoon. She got a quick x-ray and although he couldn't see a definite break, he said it was probably a buckle fracture. That is what happened to her last year with her leg. We took her to the quick care and they said it wasn't broken but a few days later when we took her to the doctors, he could see the buckle. I guess it's hard to see until it has started to heal and you can see the new bone covering it. The doc said she should get a cast so it would heal faster since she was having a hard time walking on it and she freaked out. Remember this! It totally made me tear up watching it again and I felt so bad because I kept telling her that it doesn't hurt and the lady cut her on both sides of her leg. And of course the same nurse still works there. She literally had tears streaming down her face. The doctor said that he would take it off but she doesn't understand that. So, he gave us the alternative to give her a hard splint. I was all for it since we can take it off for baths and most importantly, we don't have to go back in and get it sawed off;) She keeps complaining that she wants it off but all I have to do is threaten her to take her to get a cast and she stops complaining right then;)
Here's my breakable cutie!!

6 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Poor Kenna! Glad she didn't have to get a cast and hope it heals fast!

jenorme said...

Oh my gosh! Did the nurse really cut her last time?! No wonder the poor girl is terrified. Poor girl. Give her some extra ice cream for me.

Dendy said...

Not only did she cut her but she burned her with that saw too. Kenna was screaming and she just kept cutting. That is something that nightmares are made of. It was awful!

Krista said...

Yeah, she got her good on both sides. She still has two fading scars. In the video, she would say, "It's hot...it's hot!!!!!!" And that is right where she got her. And on the one side, Kenna was even being good and holding still when she did it. I'm still bitter. She gave us attitude for being there so many times too. Um....kids have accidents!!

Jess said...

Poor thing! I'm glad she didn't have to get a regular cast. That last experience was so traumatic.

Ashley said...

oh poor baby! Her and Chan have had their fair share of injuries!!