Saturday, May 9, 2009

The joys of Motherhood

We see a lot as Moms. There are a lot of ups and downs. A lot of kisses and a lot of tears. But whether they are happy or sad, I love being there to lift them up or encourage my girls. Makenna has gone through a lot of emotions today. She went with daddy to get me a mother's day gift and he got her a tinker bell necklace. She was so excited and told him that she loves going shopping with him. She was so happy when she showed me. Not even a full day later, it's broken. She was so upset but I sat here rubbing her back and found her another necklace to put her tinker bell on. She is happy again. She has also now figured out the consequences of drinking too much apple juice. I usually get them those apple juice boxes with their happy meals at McDonalds. Since they love them so much, I thought it would be good to buy them at the store instead of capri suns. Big mistake. Since she loves them, she got like four of them and drank them yesterday. She is paying for it today and had an accident before she could get to the bathroom. She was so upset that she didn't make it to the toilet in time. There was this horrified look on her face that actually made Travis and I smile. She kept saying, "I was going to go potty and I pooped in my pants!!!!!" I tried to calm her down and get her on the pot but she was just so embarrassed. I told her it happens and she cried, "I pooped in my pants like J.J!!!" I am now back to making her feel better. And as I have been writing this, Jordyn took her diaper off and was running around bare butt. She has such a cute bum that I didn't immediately put it back on. Well, a few minutes ago, she peed on the bathroom floor and started playing with it with her foot. Gotta love it!! At least it was on the tile.
But even though it's been a crazy day, I love those little munchkins and am so thankful to be their mom! They are so special. They are my life!
Happy Mother's Day as well to my mom that shaped me to be the kind of mother that I am. I am so thankful for that loving example all my life. And also to my mother in law that raised my wonderful hubby that let me sleep in and served me breakfast in bed this morning!!

2 comments:

Dendy said...

Ah! Happy Mother's Day to you! You are a great MIMI! You are so blessed!

Ashley said...

Oh, poor Makenna. I can't drink apple or grape juice at all, which stinks! Hope ya have a wonderful Mommy's day!