Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Diet

My blogger friend Ashley has been on a diet and losing big time so she inspired me to start one of my own. It has been a week since I started my diet and I have to say that I'm shocked at how many calories are in everything. I felt like I was going to be fighting a losing battle in the beginning. I was sooo hungry but it got alot better once I started finding different foods that are good and low in calories. I have been eating a lot of fruits and veggies and snack on beef jerky (only 20 cal a stick) and I got those 100 calorie packs of cookies or the weight watcher cookies and cakes if I need a sweet treat. I also am not going to waste my calories on liquid so it's water or diet soda for me. I have been keeping it at 1200 calories a day but also giving myself a kind of cheat day on Saturday because we always have pancakes with the kids and I don't want to watch them eat;) I am going to try to find some low calorie pancake stuff for me that doesn't taste like cardboard. Any suggestions? My mom and I have also been bike riding for 5 1/2 miles every morning while pulling 50+ pounds of kids behind me half of the time and I have been doing some hand weights at home. All in all, I am very proud of myself since I have never been on a diet in my life. I have always just exercised it away but this fat is being very stingy and doesn't want to leave me. I guess that's what happens when you get older;( But I am happy to say that I lost 4 pounds this week!! I lost 1/2 inch in my tummy and 1 inch on my thighs. I can't really see a difference but I can feel the difference. It was tough but so worth it and definitely a good start!! I just hope I keep it up;)

9 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

woohoo! GO KRISTA!! Hopefully I can follow in your footsteps! I need to get a bike!

Jess said...

That is awesome Krista. You are inspiring me. I need to start dieting. I have no self control, it is so frustrating.

Travis and Ashlee said...

Yeah Krista. The first week is the hardest, for you and your family!!! But its so nice to see results. I'm super happy for you!!

Sanders said...

Can you pass some of that motivation this way?

Ashley said...

Yay, I am so glad I inspired you. I have the eating under control, but I can't seem to get in enough exercise. I am always busy or tired. Or maybe lazy! Keep it up, I have lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks. I wanna lose 30 more by Christmas.

NancyM said...

Boy! You all put me to shame..but not quite as young as all of you!
I've lost 4 lbs. this past week but that's because I've been sick and unable to exercise, so don't know what will happen next week! I should try to stay on track with this headstart. Then, I'd just rather feel better than I do now.
Congratulations, Krista! Keep it up!

Dendy said...

Keeping track of the calories that are in everything I eat has made me realize how many calories I eat everyday without even thinking about it. There is only 11 calories in a small tootsie roll. It helps the chocolate craving without doing too much damage. We will keep each other going! You already look good so I don't know what you are worrying about.

Debbie and Cory said...

Way to go that is so great!!! Keep up the great work!

Cheree said...

Congrats Krista!!!
It’s been a while since I’ve visited your blog – I should just link directly to you (if that’s okay) – you’re one of my favorite “stranger blogs”.
Congrats on the weight-loss!!! I’m right there with you. I’m down right at 50lbs since Caedyn’s birth (30 of it doesn’t really count because that was all “easy” baby weight – but I still count it). I have 10-20 more to go, and it’s coming off VERY SLOWLY. I have a treadmill – so that helps. On days I don’t run, I do yoga (using a DVD) after Caedyn goes to bed. I think it’s helped . . .
Those are the only “tricks” I have. Oh – and I also weaseled my way into a weight-watchers blog (http://weightwatcherswomen.blogspot.com/). Even though I don’t do weight watchers and I know those ladies won’t judge me or anything – just knowing that I’m going to post any gains/losses on Monday morning helps me not overdo it on the weekends food wise (which is my major downfall).
Keep up the good work! :-)