Saturday, November 24, 2007

Here we go

So, my friend Sarah, has finally convinced me to do a blog. I love to e-mail pics of my beautiful girls so I thought this would be an easier way for friends and family to see them and to keep in touch. Makenna also keeps saying things that crack us up and I needed somewhere to share them. She's my little parrot which isn't always the best thing but it makes me try to do better. We are currently trying to get her to stop saying 'punk'. I didn't realize how much both Travis and I said it. It doesn't seem like such a bad word but it just doesn't sound right when a little girl says it. She is also another little mommy to our baby Jordyn (J.J.) and always wants to do things for her. It's so funny because she hates that she can't feed her. Sometimes she tries to hold my boob and acts like she is the one that is feeding her. She also gets a little jealous that she can't have what J.J. has. I asked her what she wanted for lunch one day and she said, "some booboo". That is my two year old for you.
Jordyn has been sleeping seven hours straight this last week which is awesome for a two month old. Woo Hoo!!! It makes a big difference. I was way too cranky when she was only sleeping a couple of hours at a time. She was up again by the time I had fallen asleep. I just hope it stays like this. She went from sleeping five hours to six and now seven hours so we hope it just keeps getting better. Jordyn is such a sweet baby and smiles at us all the time. Especially for Travis. All he has to do is talk to her and she gets a big ol' grin on her face. I can't wait to see her little personality grow and develop.
We are already getting into the Christmas spirit. All of our decorations are up and I can't wait to do our advent calendar with Makenna. She is just at the right age where she will understand (well at least in a two year old sort of way). She got a little upset when I said it was Jesus' birthday because SHE wanted the presents. Hopefully she will start to get what the true meaning of Christmas is.
Well, that is my first post. I hope that you enjoy reading all about our craziness as much as we love living it.

2 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

YAY!!! Im so glad you're blogging! I will help you get the hang of it!! Talk to you on Thursday night...I'll be working all night! BIG HUGS!

Melanie said...

This is great- it's addicting, too, so I'll look forward to seeing more posts, soon!