Friday, July 10, 2009

Crazy, crazy day!

Well, the day started out great. I cashed in my gift certificate that Travis got me for Mother's day. He had gotten me a manicure too! I haven't had one of those since we got married since I can't have long nails while massaging. But I figured this was the perfect time to do it so they can be pretty for awhile;)

We tested out the ipod (with Einsteins) and headphones for J.J. to see if she would keep them on during the flight. It was a huge success since she didn't look up once after Travis put these on. So, it will be a convenient way to keep her occupied.

Unfortunately, this afternoon, my sister's bulldog Cash died. He had some sort of trauma earlier in the day and then my Mom was watching him while they went to the lake. All of a sudden he starts to throw up blood and my poor Mommy freaks out. She got him to the vet very quickly but they couldn't do anything for him. He had some internal bleeding that was slowly killing him. It's just awful and my mom is so upset. I just want her to know that it's not her fault and that she just happened to have him at the wrong time. I was there with her and I have never been there right when a dog has died. I gave him his last kiss and hug for my sis and my stomach has just been upset all day worrying about my mom. I love you!
And then we took our Lady bug over to Travis' moms for her to stay while we are gone. Makenna is so stinking cute! She was upset when we left and said, "I think Lady is thinking of why we are leaving her! I'm going to miss her!" I love that my babies get to grow up with a doggie. It is so special and they learn how to love animals from birth!

And it is now past nine and I'm still not packed!! Ugh! I am so drained from the craziness of the day that I just wish I could wiggle my nose and have it be done. But packing is the worst part for me. I will be just fine once we get on that plane and get on our way. Thank you Nancy for watching our house and taking care of Lady. I am also going to try and post when I can or I am going to have way too much to blog when I get home. So if anyone reads this anymore, check back and see some cool pics in the coming days.
See ya'lls later!! Off to some cooler weather. It's going to be 110 degrees this week! We are getting the heck out of dodge!
*edited to add....I reached my first goal for weight loss just in the nick of time!! Now I just hope that I don't gain it back on the trip;-)

3 comments:

Jess said...

Have a GREAT time! It sounds like such a fun trip. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Cheree said...

Me too. :-)
I need to try out the headphones on Miss Caedyn. What a great idea!

NancyM said...

I can't believe how cute she looks sitting in that chair. When we went over there, she didn't even realize we were there watching her. Glad it was successful on the plane!

So very sorry to hear about Cash! My goodness what a tragedy! It is not fun 'watching' a pet die! I did it when Buffy died and it broke my heart. I'm sure it is worse when he was just a puppy. Sorry, Dendy; that must have been hard for you, too.