Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Disneyland day 1

Getting ready to go to Disneyland!!!

So excited!!

1st Timer!!


On the way there....
Aiden's first ride!!! The Haunted House!


Waiting for Pirates!

Cutie in line!

Another cutie in line!
We pretty much walked onto those rides and Indiana Jones and then the rain started!! We got soaked!! We were trying everything to stay dry. And of course there was no where to sit to nurse Aiden. I finally found one dry chair under and umbrella:)
Papa and Makenna buying cotton candy!

Woody and Jesse were just a couple of the only characters that we saw this year. We saw Mickey Mouse on the way in and Pluto and Goofy but only briefly and that was it!!

Thank goodness the carousel was covered!! I lost count of how many times we went on this ride.

It was hands down Jordyn's favorite ride!!

Our good friends Sarah and James from Texas were there for their family vacation so we got to meet up with them and have dinner at the Blue Bayou inside the Pirate's ride!! It was also Sarah's birthday and it was so nice to get to share a little bit of time with her! I haven't seen her in almost two years. Our boys are only a week apart and I finally got to meet her little munchkin!! I miss that girl!! *Excuse my hair because I literally got soaked....Trav called it frazy...(frizzy and wavy;) I do have some curls too but just the annoying kind!
They gave us these hats in the restaurant. Makenna is a cute pirate!

We took a little break and rested and got dry before we went back for a little while that night. Makenna was finally tall enough to go on the big rides with us so we took her on Indiana Jones that morning and then we took her on Space Mountain and Trav took her on the Matterhorn. She loved them all. I was surprised at how much she loved the big rides. I was sure Space Mountain would scare the daylights out of her but she was grinning for ear to ear asking to go on it again!
It wasn't raining too bad at first and then it started to really come down!! Grandma, Papa, Jordyn, Aiden and I rode the carousel and Mr. Toad's ride while they rode the Matterhorn and we were trying really hard to not get drenched. It was definitely time to go!
Travis caught some cool pics of the castle on the way out though!! It's absolutely beautiful!!

2 comments:

Meka said...

your kids are soooo cute! I missed you in RS but it looks like you were having fun! I can't wait to take my kids to Disneyland! I can't believe Aiden is crawling. Parker is still just hanging out! He He!

Dendy said...

Cute pictures. When Dad and I took Kenna on the flying over California ride, I thought she might be scared. Nope. She stretched her arms out like she was flying and giggled the whole time. I think she had more fun this time than she ever has. Jor had fun too. She just wanted an all day carousel pass. Aid was a good boy. We had some real bad hair days though.