I don't know if it was because it was on a Sunday or what but it just didn't feel like the 4th of July yesterday. But either way, we had a blast. The girls were super excited to see fireworks since they got a preview the night before. We had just gotten home from our Stake's patriotic concert (which Trav played awesome in:) and there was a park that was going to shoot fireworks off and we could see them from our front yard!! Makenna was flipping out!! It was a pain getting them to bed but we did with the promise that they would see more the next day.
We then went to church the next morning and she kept asking me when they would be able to see the fireworks and then she would get all upset when I said 'later'!!! She doesn't get that later is not very long because she said, "You told me it was today!!!" Yes, but not until it gets dark!! :)
After church and a hard worked for nap (I had to lay down with Jordyn for her to relax enough to sleep and then Makenna laid down with me and fell asleep too:), we went over to Grandma and Papa's for dinner and fireworks. My mom found the bumbo that they used for my nephew and we put our chunky monkey in it!! He wasn't sure what to think but he didn't hate it! He actually stared at this little firetruck the whole time:)
And then he blew out his diaper so he couldn't wear his flag shirt anymore.....this is his reaction to that;)
My sweet girls:)
They were so excited to do fireworks that we did some sparklers before it got dark. Jordyn was excited.....at first.
Trav doing one too:)
Makenna was thrilled. I told her to look at me so I could take a pic. As you can see she smiled for the camera but she couldn't take her eyes off the sparkler.
Mahler! He wasn't too thrilled.
Kinda nervous.
Scared!!! Starting to freak out!
Hmmm...wait a minute....it might not be so bad.
Ok.....I'm cool.
She then just wanted to watch.....J.J and Papa
Daddy and Kenna
Mommy and Kenna
Kenna in awe from some fireworks in the sky! You can see what the excitement did to Aiden:)
Jordyn looking at the ones in the sky! She loved those!!
So then we ventured out front to light some of our own and to watch all the other crazies light their illegal ones. The dogs weren't too happy about all the noise.




2 comments:
I think Makenna is unusual. You were certainly more like Jordyn. You wouldn't come out of the house though. You absolutely hated fireworks.
Post a Comment